It turns out majority of devices that has been released in last 2 years will get iOS7 update by apple.
If you are an Apple product owner, you might be wondering whether your device will get iOS 7 update or it will be ignored for the sake of new devices. To clear your doubt and confusions, apple has released a "compatibility list" of devices that will support iOS7.
It turns out majority of devices that has been released in last 2 years will get iOS7 update by apple, but there is a catch -- According to the official website, not all the devices will support all features bundled with the latest OS. Some features may not be available for all countries or all areas.
See Also: Apple announced iPhone 5S, Is it better than iPhone 5? [Specs] The new iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C will be released from September 20 and will both launch running iOS 7. There are many other iOS device users out there though, who may be wondering if iOS 7 is compatible with their iPhone, iPad or iPod.
The image above shows the other Apple devices that will be compatible with iOS 7. As you can see these are the iPhone 4, iPhone 4S and iPhone 5, iPad 2, iPad with Retina Display (iPad 3 and 4), iPad mini, and iPod touch 5th generation (16GB and 32/64GB).
If you go to the official website, (iOS 7 "what's new" page) - you'll find a list of compatible devices at the bottom of the page, with all the details about the features that might not be supported by your device (You can check feature availability in your country for you device here):
- Panorama format is available on iPhone 4s or later and iPod touch (5th generation). Square and video formats and swipe to capture are available on iPhone 4 or later, iPad (3rd generation or later), iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation).
- Filters in Camera are available on iPhone 5 or later and iPod touch (5th generation). Filters in Photos are available on iPhone 4 or later, iPad (3rd generation or later), iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation).
- AirDrop is available on iPhone 5 or later, iPad (4th generation), iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation) and requires an iCloud account.
- Siri is available on iPhone 4s or later, iPad with Retina display, iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation) and requires Internet access. Siri may not be available in all languages or in all areas, and features may vary by area. Cellular data charges may apply. New female and male voices will be available initially in U.S. English, French, and German.
- Find My iPhone enables you to locate iOS devices only when they are on and connected to a registered Wi-Fi network or have an active data plan. Some features may not be available for all countries or all areas.
- iCloud requires iOS 5 or later on iPhone 3GS or later, iPod touch (3rd generation or later), iPad, or iPad mini; a Mac computer with OS X Lion v10.7.5 or later; or a PC with Windows 7 or Windows 8 (Outlook 2007 or later or an up?to?date browser is required for accessing email, contacts, and calendars). Some features require iOS 7 and OS X Mavericks. Some features require a Wi?Fi connection. Some features are not available in all countries. Access to some services is limited to 10 devices.
Is your device eligible for iOS7 update? What features you won't get on your device? What you really wanted to be updated/featured? Let us know about it!